Sunday, November 29, 2009

2k10 trailer

2k10 is a group of debut authors who have bound together for support and such. I've met some great women on line and I can't wait to read all the books this coming year. We've been working hard as of late to launch our new website (coming very soon!) and asked Madison at M2productions to put together a trailer for us. Talented girl. Here's what she came up with. (Stick around, Split is second to last)

I love the images she came up with for Split -- how the fist is foregrounded and the background is blurry, left to your imagination. The kid in the tennis shoes taking off... lovely, given the fact that the book features running, both metaphorically and literally.

I'm absolutely thrilled with it and I'm considering asking her to do one for Split, now that I've seen her work. But I have to wonder about trailers in general. What do you think? Do book trailers make a difference for you? Has one ever helped you decide to buy a book?


  1. Yes, but only one. The Forest of Hands and Teeth. And I already had the ARC, so it was just a matter of actually pulling it from the pile and reading it. But that trailer made me read that book real quick. It was very movie-esque, which is what did it for me. Really captured the creepy aspect of the book.

  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

  4. I'm a terrible commenter.

    Ooh, I wish I'd seen this earlier (time, time, time . . .). I liked it! I've always loved the idea of there being a "class" and with 2010 right around the corner I'm sure things will start picking up for all of you.

    As for movie trailers, it's hard for me to answer that question because I always see the trailer for a book after I've heard about it, and in 95% of the cases it makes me want to go out and buy it more. The other 5% makes me think meh (not a negative thing, per se), but I really think that's a personal preference.

    A trailer can be a good investment, a good promotional tool, a good way to introduce the book, but I don't think it's necessary. It's all about how those promoting the book use the tools they are given (i.e., I could blog about SPLIT and use the trailer instead of pasting a paragraph about what the book is about).