Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Bon Voyage, Split!


I was happy to celebrate Split's launch on Saturday and to wish it a fond farewell as it begins its multi-city tour.  Since a book doesn't have to pay for accommodations, food, or even travel, it can afford to go where I can't.  So, the lucky thing will get to visit many spots without me.

On the other hand, I seem to be getting pictures and anticipate it might send me a postcard now and again.

Its first stop on its whirlwind tour was Winston-Salem, NC.




It kicked off its tour by visiting its buddy: the middle grade eco-friendly adventure novel, Island Sting.  Bonnie Doerr, author of Island Sting, generously welcomed Split into her home and even took its picture for me.  







Here it is, sitting on the porch of her lovely home:



Awww, it looks so little as it ventures out into the world!

And then pondering the view from the well.



I hope it is careful and doesn't fall in.

But I'm sure Bonnie is taking good care of it, keeping out a protective eye.  I do hope it is behaving well and that Split and Island Sting are getting along well. 

I'll keep you posted as it tours, visiting its fellow books from the Class of 2k10 and other cities.  We'll see what kind of adventures Split can have as it tours cross-country.

Bon Voyage, Split, and good luck!

8 comments:

  1. I got my copy of THREE RIVERS RISING today. Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun idea... kind of like the Flat Stanley thing. I love it! Have fun Split and keep writing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Split, do you want to come to suburban NYC for a visit? We have some great accommodations here?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm totally jealous of Bonnie's house. :-> What a great idea to send the book on tour! (Will it bring you back one of those t-shirts? You know...My book went on tour and all I got was this lousy t-shirt.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Michele, I was thinking about Flat Stanley, too. We took him to the Dominican Republic once. Wouldn't Split be jealous and want to take that trip!

    ReplyDelete
  6. @ Michele and Shari, I'm going to have to look up Flat Stanley. Sounds funny!

    @Heather, Me too. And my book who got to stay there. :-) I love the idea of the book returning with that t-shirt. ha ha!

    @Caroline. Yay!

    @Shari, Ooo... I'm sure Split would love a visit to suburban NYC. It would like to visit Change of Heart!

    ReplyDelete
  7. No worries, Swati, Split and Island Sting played nicely together. Please remind Split to send us a postcard now and then as it journeys onward.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's awesome - both the journey Split is taking...and Bonnie's house (me wants one!). ;) I just received a bunch of 2k10 ARCs as well. Must take pic. Congrats, Swati!

    ReplyDelete